Death Investigations and Scene Analysis
Investigating deaths can be very complex and demanding on departmental resources. Every death investigation, no matter the cause, deserves a complete and thorough investigation. The focus of this course is to enhance investigators' ability to recognize and understand various causes and manners of death as well as to develop the skill set to execute a thorough investigation and collaborate with the Medical Examiner's Office.
Investigative Concepts, LLC. takes pride in designing each course with leading edge, accurate, and current information, bringing it to you by securing the most experienced, dynamic instructors, and is sure to take investigators' investigative capabilities to the next level. The speakers in this course share more than 125 years of personal experience in the field of death investigations.
TOPICS FOR THIS COURSE
- Initial Response to the Crime Scene (Mass Fatality)
- Stages of decomposition and time of death
- Identifying Natural vs Undetermined Deaths
- Infant Death Investigations & Doll Scene Re-enactments
- No-body Homicide Investigations and Prosecutions
- Working with the Medical Examiner's Office
- Disputed Suicide Investigations
- Case Preparation, Courtroom Testimony, Protecting Witnesses, Legal Updates and Working with the Prosecutor.
- Cold Case Investigations
- Accidental & Industrial Deaths
- In Custody Deaths
- Virginia Beach Mass shooting and Virginia Tech Mass Shooting
- ***Hillsborough Class 4th day Strategic Law Enforcement Interview Course (1 day)
October 9, 2023 - October 11, 2023 9 Seats Left
Salem Cardinal Justice Academy Salem, VA
January 8, 2024 - January 10, 2024 32 Seats Left
Escambia County Sheriff's Office Training Academy (Pensacola, Fl.) Pensacola, Fl
April 23, 2024 - April 26, 2024 35 Seats Left
Hillsborough Co. Sheriff's Office (Tampa, Fl.) Tampa, Fl